Code of Ethics
Parent, Coach and Player Code of Ethics
At Harris Baseball Softball, all parents and coaches pledge to provide positive support, care and encouragement for children participating in Harris Baseball Softball sports by following this Code of Ethics:
- Will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other Harris Baseball Softball sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of my child ahead of my personal desire to win. I will insist that my child play in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will require that my child's coach uphold the same Code of Ethics.
- I will support coaches and officials working with my child, in order to encourage a positive and enjoyable experience for all.
- I will demand a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs, tobacco, alcohol, and firearms and will refrain from their use at all Harris Baseball Softball sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for youth not adults.
- I will do my very best to make Harris Baseball Softball sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed, or ability.
- I will help my child enjoy the Harris Baseball Softball sports experience by doing whatever I can, such as being a respectful fan, assisting with coaching, or providing transportation.
- I understand that if I fail to uphold this Code of Ethics, I will be subject to appropriate disciplinary action, which may include being required to immediately and/or permanently leave the Harris Baseball Softball organization.